There are still many radio standards pending listing, so any publication of harmonized standards for the Radio Equipment Directive 2014/53/EU is eagerly awaited.
On 29.03.2022, with the Implementing Decision (EU) 2022/498 in the OJEU, a new list was published, which was actually already announced by the EU Commission for the turn of the year 2021/2022.
Some changes in detail:
- Broadcast receivers for FM (EN 303 345-3 V1.1.1) and DAB (EN 303 345-4 V1.1.1) no longer require a Notified Body from now on, because these standards are now listed. They are listed without any restrictions. Since this is the first listing, there are no transition periods.
- Some standards of the EN 301 908-X series on mobile radio equipment have been listed.
- EN 303 413 V1.2.1 for GPS has been listed. No deadline for withdrawal of version 1.1.1 was given.
- Some listed standards were listed with restrictions on presumption of conformity.
- The transition period for presumption of conformity, for most standards is 18 months (until Sept. 29, 2023). This means that the presumption of conformity of the predecessor standards, which were listed in the Official Journal, will then expire.
Only radio standards were listed.
It is not possible to predict when other EMF, EMC or safety standards will be listed. There are still over 100 standards that would have to be listed for RED.
For further details, if you have any questions or need to talk, please do not hesitate to contact us. Simply get in touch with us!